Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Picking Projects

I was unable to join the rest of my group for Thursday's in class meeting, so I did some project research on my own and emailed them a list of projects that I found interesting as my contribution.

After reading the project descriptions, the three that I initially found the most interesting were STEM, GeoChat, and Helios.  However, upon further inspection, I realised that GeoChat had a broken link, and the other two were poorly documented and didn't have clear methods of contribution.

The four that our team eventually decided on were ITK, Plone, Tor, and VuFind.  After researching all of them further, I have really become interested in ITK.  Not only is the topic fascinating, but the documentation is good, and they seem to have well defined methods of contribution.  Plone and VuFind were also interesting, but ITK is the winner in my mind.

We plan on meeting again before class, and hopefully we will all be able to agree on a project that we all like.

No comments:

Post a Comment