Thursday, February 17, 2011

Alumni Symposium

Last Tuesday was the Alumni Symposium.  It was really nice to hear the different viewpoints of individuals who are now successfully pursuing Graduate school, industry, or starting their own business.  Particularly, I was interested in the advice that they all had to give.

The overall advice was to be proactive in keeping up with new technologies and  technological breakthroughs.  It was also advised to get involved in an OpenSource project, and learn how to code for mobile devices.  Fortunately, our Software Engineering course is providing the experience of participating in an OpenSource project.

I have always wanted to learn how to program for the Android OS.  Their advice has reinforced my interest in writing a mobile device app.  In my spare time, I will try to be more active in pursuing this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment