Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Subversion

Subversion is a simple and powerful version management tool.  Fortunately, I have become quite comfortable using the svn commands from my summer internship at MUSC's BioInformatics department and also working on Dr. Manaris' Music Armonique Project.

The first step was to checkout 462playground/ from the stono.  This was done by entering the command:
$ svn checkout https://cirdles.cs.cofc.edu/repos/462playground/

Next, I created a new directory with the command:
$ svn mkdir perry

Then I created a test.txt file containing some text using vi editor, and added it to my directory with the command:
$ svn add test.txt

To commit my changes, I issued the command:
$ svn commit

Out of curiosity, I updated my checkout to see if any of our classmates had added anything new with the command:
$ svn update

No comments:

Post a Comment