Thursday, February 3, 2011

Freeciv

The task of building Freeciv was rather enjoyable compared to the other projects that I've tried to build in the past.  Maybe it's just that I've become more comfortable getting dependencies, or perhaps it was just taken more lightly since this was only an exercise.

Either way, the only real problems I ran into was having to get dependency packages, and that is more of an exhaustive process than a troubling one.  A few of them I downloaded manually by using "sudo apt-get install", but I also utilised the package manager.  There didn't seem to be any errors in Freeciv itself, or any added complexities of a unique install process that some I've encountered while building other projects in the past.

As far as ITK, I've gotten itk core built (the hardest part of that was figuring out how to use CMake).  Now I just need to build VTK, the visual application project that runs with ITK.

No comments:

Post a Comment